You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘Redman’ tag.
If you don’t fux with Reggie, chances are I’ll have a tough time fuxing with you.
2 brand new joints from the good Doctor Funk and boy I gotta say, the lips are ear to ear. Get this in your life. NOW!
*BONUS – For a Hi-res version of Themba Child‘s above pic for your desktop, click HERE. Available in different colors.
This is the 3rd joint I’ve heard off Red‘s upcoming Reggie and I gotta say, 2 out of the 3 joints have been super hype, this one included.
With new Red, Luda and that Wu-Tang Massacre ish, I’m feelin good about 2010.
HHHTowards the Right (Geographically, not politically),
In the last decade, the once dominant East Coast (Home of everyone from De La Soul to the Notorious B.I.G., the Juice Crew to the Wu-Tang Clan) have struggled to stay on top of the rap food chain as their necessity for cadence and concept has been dwarfed by the Souths ever infectious ‘Bounce’ and ‘Hook’ approach. And well, while living legends Jay-Z and Nas still continue to dominate whenever they appear, the notion of a new East Coast dynasty remains myth like Lebron’s Championship ring.
However, as an over obsessive rap Stan, I’ve noticed something this year that has somehow slipped under the mainstream media’s radar…THE EAST IS BACK! Now I won’t go so far as to say a new Dynasty is on the horizon because quite frankly, outside of a handful of artists, the East is still selling less than the South. But for those who just love themselves some East Coast ish, 2009’s been good to you!
Lemme break it down:
- Jadakiss pushed 100,000 his first week.
- Mos Def had in my opinion (and Diddy’s apparently), the best album of the year – PRETTY DANCER’S MY SHIT!
- Fabolous, although coming with less than stellar singles, actually had his best album yet (check Pachanga).
- Wu-Tang CAME (and left again).
- De La Soul celebrated their 20th anniversary with an incredible tour (yes I was there and yes it was the best I’ve ever seen them).
- Busta stayed relevant.
- Q-Tip released (and re-released) 2 ridiculous records!
- Drake is hotter than fresh caca outta Dumbo.
- Slaughterhouse‘s Joe Budden and Joell Ortiz continue to spit crazy bars.
- KRS-One and Buckshot proved they can still punch with the best of’em.
- Meth & Red stayed INTERNATIONAL!
- Raekwon & Ghost both released excellent albums as well as confirmed an upcoming trio record with Meth.
- And finally, Jay came back and made up for that black eye known as Kingdom Come.
Well, to add to this nice list of 2009 accomplishments, how bout a few more goodies that slid across my desktop this past week (and a few that came out during the HHHT hiatus).
HOV’ WITH ONE OF THE BEST COMMERCIALS EVER!
GHOST WITH SOME CLASSIC ISH (nsfw)
Jadakiss & Rakim – Euphoria (w/ Tags unfortunately)
AND THE ROOTS! ROOTS! ROOOOOOTS!!
I’m feelin good people. Get to my level.
I think I’m a touch late on the New Release Tuesday, but at very least it’s still Tuesday where I’m at so enjoy the goodies.
I’m in a bit of a rush though so this’ll be another Post Up and Pop Out.
TWO FULL MIXTAPES for your listening pleasure.
First up, Mr. Bus-a-Bus with his B.O.M.B. prequel ‘I Bullshit You Not’.
Full of the 12 albums worth of leaks he’s been dropping this past little while. It promises to have half WOO-HOO and half DOO-DOO….at least that’s my guess. You tell me.
Next we have something that I’m very excited for….the Cheech & Chong of rap, Meth & Red‘s Lights Out! A compilation of old and new and well, from what I’ve heard thus far 🙂 …..well, I’ll let you decide. Shouts to Saukrates for holdin down T.O. on the first single. I enjoy it muchly.
Finally, a guy who hasn’t consistantly rocked my neck but yet I consistantly support (and still made one of my top 20 albums of all time) Dizzee Rascal returns with the help of Armand Van Helden to bring you some visual and aural rocks!
It’s Tuesday (or Wednesday) folk, save a cat.